MSE@UMD Open Houses for Prospective Fall 2016 Students
When and Where
All MSE Open Houses are held on the University of Maryland College Park campus.
- Thursday, March 24, 2016: 3 PM–5 PM
- Saturday, March 26, 2016: 9 AM–12 PM
- Thursday, April 14, 2016: 3 PM–5 PM
- Directions to the Kim Building
- UMD Campus Map (PDF)
- Google Campus Map
- Visitor Parking Map (PDF)
- About Our Digital Parking Pay Stations
- Meet students
- Lab tours
Open house attendees can apply for a $2000 Top Terp Scholarship!
You must attend the open house date(s) above to be eligible.
Are you interested in Nanotechnology? Do you want to help solve the looming energy problem? Learn about the exciting field of Materials Science and Engineering!
Materials Science and Engineering (MSE, MatSci) is an exciting field that underpins the other branches of engineering. In order to build cars with better gas mileage, ultra high density magnetic hard drives for future computers, advanced solar cells, and many other technological breakthroughs of the coming century, we need innovative new materials that vastly improve on what we have available today. Materials Science and Engineering is the field that spearheads these discovery and development processes.
Come join the elite MSE Program at the University of Maryland!
- Combine Engineering with Chemistry and Physics
- Use your degree to find jobs in microelectronics, automotive, biotech, venture capital start-ups, government labs, and more.
- Excellent starting salaries for graduates
- Get research experience as an undergraduate
- Small classes—get to know your professors